none
How to grant access to Security Center Overview RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to grant access to another user so that they can view the Security Center. This other use is not a Global Administrator.  The Security Overview dashboard is grayed out for them and I cant determine how to grant them access so that they can view and drill down in "Policy & Compliance" and "Resource security hygiene".  Have tried granting the roles Security Administrator, Security Reader and Security Operator without success.  I feel like we should be granting access differently but not sure what exactly is required. Documentation only states the roles we have already tried.  

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:34 AM

All replies

• There are two different roles specific to Azure Security Center - Security Reader and Security Administrator.  Security Reader provides viewing rights to the user to view the recommendations, alerts, security policy etc.  A Security Administrator can view and additionally dismiss these alerts and recommendations.  Based on your requirement you can provide either Security Reader or Security Administrator roles.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:49 PM
  • Have tried granting the roles Security Administrator, Security Reader and Security Operator without success.  Unfortunately these roles do not provide all the required access to view the dashboards.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:40 AM