none
How to publish an ASP.NET MVC 4 project in a specific url on windows azure RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in a situation that I do not know how and I do not know if it's possible to do.

I have a website in ASP.NET MVC, let's call kelvinsite.com.br, this site is a asp.net mvc project.

And I also have another site, we'll call kelvinproject.com.br, this site is another project aspnet mvc.

What I want to do is publish the site kelvinproject.com.br inside the project kelvinsite.com.br without merging the web projects in the same project in Visual Studio, I want both to stay separate in the same solution.

So the url would be:

http://kelvinsite.com.br/kelvinproject

Is it possible? What is the name of it?

Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Azure Websites support virtual directories, so you can create one for your Azure Website and then simply point your 2nd website to publish to that directory instead of the root directory.  Have you tried that?

HTH, Benjamin

Monday, September 29, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Benjamin's suggestion to use virtual directories (actually virtual applications) is a good place to look at. Go to the bottom of the Configure page in the Azure portal to see those options.
    Monday, September 29, 2014 5:42 PM

All replies

• You first mention that the host name for the second project is be kelvinproject.com.br, but then later you say the URL should be http://kelvinsite.com.br/kelvinproject. Can you clarify which one you want it to be?

As far as Azure Websites, it's probably simplest if you create a separate Website for each, and publish them separately.

Monday, September 29, 2014 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

Azure Websites support virtual directories, so you can create one for your Azure Website and then simply point your 2nd website to publish to that directory instead of the root directory.  Have you tried that?

HTH, Benjamin

Monday, September 29, 2014 12:32 PM
  • I'm sorry if I wasnt clear in my explanation.

I don't have the domains, I just said that to explain this I have 2 web sites, but I want to publish them in just one domain.

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:38 PM
  • Hi Benjamin, thanks for replied.

I never hear about the virtual folders. I will search about!

If you have any article about it that you can share with me, please do, will be great.

Thanks

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:40 PM
  • Benjamin's suggestion to use virtual directories (actually virtual applications) is a good place to look at. Go to the bottom of the Configure page in the Azure portal to see those options.
    Monday, September 29, 2014 5:42 PM
  • Thank you Guys!

This virtual directory worked wonderfully. I didn't know that this was possible. 

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:18 PM