none
64-bit: hung executable, 32-bit many remaining problems! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends,

I continue compiling my help file in 32 bit but the same problems are recurring: depending on indeed/not automatically included content/index files I have 1457, 1754 or 1970 local links when compiling. But this number should only be depending - in my case - on the exact number of <A HREF="...">...</a> local links in my text. I preferred the checkbox clicked for both the content and index files and I also included this mysterious line "<H!><! dummy necessary ... with automatically createdcontents file.->". But now my chm file is showing a contents file consisting of question marks! I created in this way countless correct help files but also sometimes these question marks infested help files. I never checked my help files for the correct number of links and I wouldn't know of any sensible way of doing this! But my educational target will deny me to miss a single one of course! This has been happening before but I grew so tired! I wonder both if somebody else might have experienced the same and solved it also! Many thanks in advance from Ton Epskamp! 

My dear friends,

Possibly like in the decades before I tried the same by clearing the "Automatically create contents file" box and all question marks disappeared again: problem solved! If I ONLY UNDERSTOOD!

Ton Epskamp.

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Ton1 Epskamp,

You can check if your links address contains "#","?","&" and "+" characters, which has other special meanings.

Please refer more here from this similar answer: https://stackoverflow.com/a/43759438/11557747 

And we suggest you can post this issue into Stack Overflow with chm tag, the community members there will provide you with better support.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 1, 2020 6:22 AM