none
FATAL: Server is not configured to allow ipv6 connections. RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to connect to my new Azure Database for PostgreSQL server from any VM in my VNet. I have used psql from a linux VM and I've installed PgAdmin4 v2.1 on a windows VM and both return the same error when trying to connect, FATAL:  Server is not configured to allow ipv6 connections. I even went as far as to disable IPv6 on one of my linux servers to see if that would fix things and it did not.

I have the Allow access to Azure services set to ON and I have also white listed the public IP of my VM. No difference.

This is quite perplexing to me as I can connect without issue from my local PC as well as from Azure Cloud Shell on portal.azure.com.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Aaron

Monday, March 26, 2018 10:27 PM

All replies

• Aaron,

Good evening. I am sorry you received this error and spent time troubleshooting. This error indicates that you cannot connect to the database service because VNET Service Endpoints is enabled. The "Microsoft.SQL" service tag enables VNET Service Endpoint traffic for all Azure Database services on a subnet: Azure SQL DB, Managed Instance, Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Database for MySQL and PostgreSQL. If configured to ON all database services on the subnet receive VNET Service Endpoint traffic. VNET Service Endpoints are not yet supported for Azure Database for MySQL or PostgreSQL. To work around this:

1. Move the client  to a subnet where a VNET Service Endpoint for Microsoft.SQL is not enabled
    2. Switch the service endpoint off, or
    3. I can whitelist the your Azure Database for PostgreSQL and MySQL service by obtaining your subscription ID and server names because this feature is available in private preview

If you would like to try #3 you can email me at mark.bolz@microsoft.com and I can work with you to get you into the private preview.

My best,

Mark

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:45 AM
  • Is that still an issue?

How can i find out if my subnet has VNET Service Endpoint traffic set to on?

Friday, March 1, 2019 11:25 PM