none
Unable to repair or delete a broken Storage account RRS feed

• Question

• Using powershell, I created a new Storage account, container and successfully uploaded a blob (this was last week some time).

Today, re-ran my script which is smart enough to do a Get-AzureRmStorageAccount before it creates again, so it should skip over the creation once the account already exists. But the response to Get-AzureRmStorageAccount returned a non-null value and the script crashed out trying to create the account that already existed.

I went to investigate and went to the SA in the Azure Portal and immediately got this error:

Part's onInputsSet promise failed.(id: Microsoft_Azure_Storage-fx-010-000) Error: responseJSON: {"error":{"code":"NoRegisteredProviderFound","message":"No registered resource provider found for location 'australiacentral2' and API version '2019-04-01' for type 'storageAccounts'. The supported api-versions are '2019-04-01, 2018-11-01, 2018-07-01, 2018-03-01-preview, 2018-02-01, 2017-10-01, 2017-06-01, 2016-12-01, 2016-05-01, 2016-01-01, 2015-06-15, 2015-05-01-preview'. The supported locations are 'eastus, eastus2, westus, westeurope, eastasia, southeastasia, japaneast, japanwest, northcentralus, southcentralus, centralus, northeurope, brazilsouth, australiaeast, australiasoutheast, southindia, centralindia, westindia, canadaeast, canadacentral, westus2, westcentralus, uksouth, ukwest, koreacentral, koreasouth, francecentral, australiacentral, southafricanorth, uaenorth'."}} status: 400

So it kind of makes sense that (if the error is to be believed) australiacentral2 isn't in the supported location list and therefore would fail. But somehow I created it, and now I can't do anything in the portal to fix it.

Trying to delete the SA fails (a similar error to the above is shown and the delete button is greyed out).

Trying to delete from the resource group list page fails silently after a period of time, and trying to delete the whole resource group does the same silent failure (the activity log shows Started and Accepted, but no Succeeded or Failed status).

I'm now stuck with a SA that's coming off my subscription costs.

Any ideas anyone?

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:19 PM

All replies

• Thank you Neil_P for reaching out and sharing this. We are able to repro the same via the portal as well and reached out to our internal teams to further understand the issue. Will keep the thread updated as we hear more. 

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:47 PM
    Owner
  • Any news or progress on this? The issue is blocking me from deploying my application.
    Friday, August 2, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Apologies for the inconvenience Neil.

Sorry for the delay , I was in discussion with our Internal teams and it was called out that currently AUS Central 2 Region is only available to whitelisted customers and that's the reason you see that error. We have to request you to open a ticket with our Customer Support either to get your subscription whitelisted or delete the storage account.

If you don't have the ability to open a technical support ticket, you can please email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com and provide us with your Azure SubscriptionID and link to this thread. I can direct you with next steps.

Thank you. 
    Friday, August 2, 2019 11:07 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the reply - I'll have to email you to sort this as I don't have a support account on my MSDN subscription.

Can you confirm that the bug in Get-AzureRmLocation has been fixed? I am seeing different results now and australiacentral2 is not being returned.

Monday, August 5, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Thank you Neil for reaching out to us via email, I have sent the instructions please go through and circle back if you have any further queries. 

Regarding the Get-AzureRmLocation, not quite sure what different result you are seeing now when compared to previous one. I do see that storage resource provider is showing up for australiacentral2 region as per below image.

Get-AzureRmLocation | where {$_.Location -eq "australiacentral2"} | select -ExpandProperty Providers

Please share if you are seeing a different result. Thank you

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:14 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you Neil for reaching out to our support team. For benefit of the other customers and broader community wanted to update the resolution that if you are trying to use AustraliaCentral2 currently with the Microsoft.Storage provider you should have your subscription whitelisted. 

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:30 PM
    Owner