none
Read Replicas for Azure PostgreSQL RRS feed

• Question

• I can not find anything in the documentation that is related with read-only replicas. I do not intend to compare between cloud providers but in AWS there is such thing as "Read Replicas" where there will be presently two database(Source DB and the Read Only DB). All the writes and updates will be handled by the SourceDB which will be asynchronously copied to the Read Only DB and then the reads will be handled by the Read Only DB. Which is similar to the master/slave database setup.

I am wondering if Azure PostgreSQL has the same mechanism or something similar on what I needed?

Regards,
    Dean

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Dean,

Read replicas is currently not supported for PostgreSQL service. However, this is part of our roadmap and will be strongly considered. Please vote in our user voice so we can reach out to you as soon as it is available or earlier in private preview. https://feedback.azure.com/forums/597976-azure-database-for-postgresql

Thanks 

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:21 PM
  • Oh ok thanks!
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Read Replica for Azure PostgreSQL is now available WW in public preview, please try and share feedback to us.
    Friday, January 18, 2019 5:21 PM