none
how to open python_device output file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I've been moving some of my ML Designer experiments over from the classic ML designer over to the new preview one.  

One thing I haven't figured out, is how to view the output of python scripts in the new designer.   In the classic version you could just visualize the device output.  

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the product team has gotten that far in the current preview version.   The "Python Device" output is available for download in the "output" tab of the Python Execution Script task, but the resulting file is encoded in some format that I haven't been able to figure out (or open) yet.

Anyone have any information about this file and now to open it?   

My output currently includes several graphs that are saved as PNGs ... judging by the size of the output file (1K), I am thinking that they may not be in this output file, and I am concerned that a mechanism to display graphics in this new designer may not yet have been developed.

Thanks for any help / experience the community can offer.

-Sheldon

Sunday, January 12, 2020 1:55 PM

Answers

• Turns out that I was able to answer my own question.

The Python_Device file is simply a zip file (although it isn't labeled as such).   Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that anything other than the storage location and account information is being stored in there at the moment.

I haven't yet been able to find any log files that display the output from any "Print" commands in my python script.

Since this product is still in preview, it is likely that the product team simply hasn't gotten to this stage yet.

• Marked as answer by slyttle Monday, January 13, 2020 8:10 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2020 8:09 PM