none
Actions on UP status after DOWN alert RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've got a lot of availability tests on Application Insights, some ping, some webtest and alerts configured for all of them.

All alerts have an action that runs a logic app sending notifications to all our channels, email, sms and Slack message. The issue we are facing is that when some test fails and the alert is triggered we will get notifications on it (logic app will run) but when the status of the test goes back to successful we don't know how to be notified on it...

Is there any way to have an action (run a logic app) when a situation is no longer critical ? Has anyone faced this issue ?

Thank you

Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:39 AM

Answers

• My bad, we thought we were already on new alerts because of the 31st August deadlin, but migration still hadn't been done automatically so now we forced it and we are getting the Deativated run of the logic app.

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi AzrPRD,

If you are on classic alerts then update to the current version and that should solve the issue.

In the current version the alert should trigger every time the alert changes state: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/alerts#how-to-set-an-exception-alert-using-custom-log-search

Thursday, August 22, 2019 5:55 PM
  • Hello,

I'm using the current version and yes the alert triggers when the condition is met but doesn't trigger when it comes back to OK.

Meaning I've got an alert configure to alert when the test fails on two different locations and that triggers a logic app but nothing happens when the OK comes, how do I configure the logic APP to send the OK ?

Thank you

Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:22 AM
  • Can you share a little more about how your alert is configured? I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Here is how I configured my alert:

• Created an endpoint where I could control a delayed response to force the test to fail.
       public HttpStatusCode Test()
              {
                  var sleepTime = _config.GetValue<int>("TestDelay");
                  Thread.Sleep(sleepTime);
                  return HttpStatusCode.OK;
              }
    1. Setup an alert to fire when 2 or more locations failed.
    2. Setup a simple logic app to send the results to my email
    3. Updated the settings to force a failure and recovery.

I received emails for both events as expected.

Monday, September 9, 2019 2:47 PM
  • That's exactly what I have configured but we do not get any OK status.

The logic app is not triggered when we get an OK status.

Will probably open a support case with microsoft as this should be working apparently.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:37 AM
  • My bad, we thought we were already on new alerts because of the 31st August deadlin, but migration still hadn't been done automatically so now we forced it and we are getting the Deativated run of the logic app.

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:28 AM
  • I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue. Thank you for returning to post your solution.
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Just to add a little note, the only problem with the Deactivated, as you can see from your example, is that the Description field comes out empty.

This looks like a bug.

For us this is a big issue as we use that to fill the content of the notifications but to some it might not be a problem.

Cheers

Friday, September 20, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Thank you for bringing this up. I'll reach out to the product team and work towards getting that resolved.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 2:37 PM