none
In Gen2 how to recover the accidental files? RRS feed

• Question

• In storage Gen2 file system, accidentally the files has been deleted need to recover. I can't find any option to restore, advise me steps?  And Where to check the retention period for this deletes?

Read-access geo-redundant storage (RA-GRS)

StorageV2 (general purpose v2)

Primary: Available, Secondary: Available

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• HI

You can to restore the blob files if they were deleted but configured Soft Delete option. If it's configured, you can see when you check "Show deleted blobs" there will be an option to undelete in its properties section. 

Below documentation explains the same in detail with the screen shots.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-blob-soft-delete?tabs=azure-portal#get-started

Note: If it is production data that got deleted, Recommended to reach out to Azure Support immediately. They may be able to recover the data if not too much time has elapsed.

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:36 PM
  • thanks for reply, looks it's resolution for gen1 not to gen2. I can't find option soft delete and also no blob menu,  check out the screenshot, advise me
    Monday, November 11, 2019 4:04 PM
  • Hello,

Unfortunately, Azure Data Lake Store Gen2 does not support soft delete option.

As suggested by @nkumar230 if its production environment, I would request you to create Azure Support ticket for immediate help from backend team.

Note: Backup for ADLS gen2 is on our roadmap

Hope this helps.      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:23 AM
  • thanks for reply, looks it's resolution for gen1 not to gen2. I can't find option soft delete and also no blob menu,  check out the screenshot, advise me

Hi

As i mentioned earlier, Soft delete works for Blobs But, create a support request to check the feasibility to recover the data if it is Data Lake Gen2.

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:30 AM
  • what's default retention period for recovery? customer doesn't have control on this data recovery it's bizarre
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:04 AM