none
How to Configure PostMan OAuth 2.0 flows for REST API Management Calls

Question

• I know how to use Postman to make REST calls to API Management dealing with manually getting and updating tokens every time I get started and then every 30 minutes. I recently discovered that Postman supports OAuth 2.0 flows which should allow us to not have to deal with the manual token update process.

I've spent a few hours trying to get this working with no luck. The Azure terminology does not align well with the OAuth 2 terminologies and I'm no expert in this arena. How can I configure AAD and Postman so that I can make API Management calls and not have to deal with manually updating tokens all the time?

Monday, January 09, 2017 2:06 PM

Answers

• Are you able to add the application at the permission to other applications?

Go to the Configure tab and scroll down to the section permissions to other applications
    Click on the Add application button, this will bring up the following dialog.
    Click on the Windows Azure Service Management API option so that it moves over to the Selected column over to the right.
    Once selected, click on the check box to Delegate Permission to access the Azure Service Management APIs.

You can also refer to to this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/api-management/api-management-howto-oauth2
    Tuesday, February 07, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi, 
    Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

kindly check the following link below Using postman with Azure AD:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devkeydet/2016/03/22/using-postman-with-azure-ad/ 

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries. 

Regards
    Vijisankar
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:43 AM
  • Hi Vijisankar, Sorry so late to reply here but I didn't receive and email notification for your reply. The video is for using OAuth 2 with CRM. I have had no success in attempting to do this same thing with API Management calls. I have a feeling it's probably related to selection of the 'permissions to other applications'. What permission settings would be required to use ARM and ASM resource's with OAuth 2?
    Monday, February 06, 2017 4:00 PM
  • Are you able to add the application at the permission to other applications?

Go to the Configure tab and scroll down to the section permissions to other applications
    Click on the Add application button, this will bring up the following dialog.
    Click on the Windows Azure Service Management API option so that it moves over to the Selected column over to the right.
    Once selected, click on the check box to Delegate Permission to access the Azure Service Management APIs.

You can also refer to to this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/api-management/api-management-howto-oauth2
    Tuesday, February 07, 2017 3:54 PM
  • I would not have guessed to select the ASM API but I still get the same results. After clicking 'Request Token' the Azure login dialog pops up with the correct application name showing. Once I enter credentials and click 'Sign in' the dialog goes white and that is all she wrote.

I attempting to login with a global admin account created in my type 'Custom' domain that is tied to my .....onmicrosoft.com.

What am I missing?

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

Any progress with this? Want to share the solution with us?

Regards, Sjoukje

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you.

Thursday, March 02, 2017 11:30 AM
  • No progress I have given up after wasting way to many hours on it.
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:14 PM
  • We would request you to create a Technical Support Ticket as our engineers would need to work with you on the issue and would require more details like your Subscription and/or Tenant details. This would be beyond the purview of the Forums Support.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:09 PM