IOT Edge Host add user RRS feed

• Question

• Is there way to add a user to the host?
    Monday, October 7, 2019 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Can you please be more detailed? Please help us understand what you are trying to achieve pointing us to docs\tutorials you are following.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:56 PM
  • on the edge host, I would like to add additional users.

these new users will be part of an out of band remote access, via another app being installed on the host.

frank

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:14 PM
  • I believe that will depend on which OS are you running IoTEdge ? 

See here on how to manage module containers on Windows. You will need to review Docker documentation as well in order to enable access for different users to access your containers running on IoTEdge.
    Monday, October 14, 2019 3:15 PM
  • the edge hosts are ubuntu linux
    Monday, October 14, 2019 7:00 PM
  • Hello Frank,

I would say that as long as the users have elevated privileges to run iotedge commands you should be good. See here.

"You need elevated privileges to run iotedge commands. After installing the runtime, sign out of your machine and sign back in to update your permissions automatically. Until then, use sudo in front of any iotedge the commands."

We are sorry if we are not tackling your questions accurately though it would help if you provide examples, tentatives you did so far (with the errors faced) and documentation you researched already.

Thanks! 

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:50 PM
  • Hello Frank let us know if your questions are answered and please Mark it as answer if so. Thank you!
    Friday, October 18, 2019 3:06 PM