locked
[UWP] Error : DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8103010D_ RRS feed

  • Question

  • While deploying the application i am getting the "Error : DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8103010D  " error. Whether i need to modify Package.appxmanifest file ?
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:23 PM

All replies

  • Error: 0x8103010D indicates that an existing application package on the device is in the wrong state to allow the requested operation.

    This error can occur if the Product ID or package family name (PFN) of the application you are trying to deploy matches the Product ID/PFN of am application already on the device that was installed from the Store or if a previously aborted debug session left the app in a state which is preventing uninstall of the previous version of the package.

    Is this a Silverlight 8.1 app project or a Universal/windows runtime project?


    Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

    Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:12 PM
  • I am receiving this same error. My app is a Windows 8.1 app, not Silverlight or Universal. I have deployed it several times in the past, but now I can't get past this error.

    Is there a way to completely uninstall/cleanup the app from the phone so it will deploy again?


    Saturday, May 23, 2015 7:00 AM
  • Are you trying to install a Windows 8.1 app to Windows Phone, or did you just forget to specify 'Phone' in that sentence?

    You can manually uninstall a side loaded app from the phone just like any other app.  If it fails to uninstall, try powering off the phone completely (press and hold power for bout 6 to 10 seconds) then power it back on ...if there is an install or uninstall pending but blocked on something then that may help unblock it.


    Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Yes, I did forget to specify "Phone" in that sentence, it is a Windows 8.1 phone app.

    As for manually uninstaling a side loaded app, I cannot find any indication that is actually installed, so I have no idea how I would uninstall it . I have tried to power off as you suggested several times, but that did not have any effect.

    Sunday, May 31, 2015 5:52 PM
  • On the phone, open the Store app, expand the action bar at the bottom, and choose "downloads"...

      Is there anything there which says something like: 'Action required"?

      If so, do what you can to clear those entries.  (retry, cancel, approve install, etc...)

      If that doesn't work, or if nothing is listed, then try changing the PhoneProductId GUID value of the mp:PhoneIdentity node in the projects Package.appxmanifest. 


    Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

    • Proposed as answer by Pete Gissel Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:32 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 2:55 PM
  • I had nothing listed under "downloads", no "Action required" or anything similar.

    Your suggestion to change the ID sounds like a good idea, but I got impatient and finally reset my phone.

    I will mark as an answer for now, and try it the next time it happens, I have a feeling it will, I am developing and deploying to my phone pretty regularly. If this doesn't work for me the next time around, I will post again.

    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:29 AM