none
Deploying to Azure Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Azure Analysis Services subscription. i need to create a model and deploy but not sure where to start. Do I need to download SSDT on my machine? if so, do i need SSDT version 2017? Thank you!
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Develop and deploy models with the free SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio. SSDT includes Analysis Services project templates that get you up and going quickly. SSDT now includes the modern Get Data datasource query and mashup functionality for tabular 1400 models. If you're familiar with Get Data in Power BI Desktop and Excel 2016, you already know how easy it is to create highly customized data source queries.

If you're using Visual Studio 2017 or later, Microsoft Analysis Services Projects are available as a free installable VSIX package. Download from Marketplace.

For more details, refer “Deploy a model from Visual Studio”.

Hope this helps.      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:45 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Hello,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, September 13, 2019 9:48 AM