none
Error: "This list is currently being managed by Project Web App, and cannot be edited directly" RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project Server 2013 with SP 2013. 

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. A user open his/her My Site, browses to the Tasks page
    2. select a task from a project that is publish to the Project Center (this tasks is inside a project that is under a master project)
    3. Edits a field (ex: % Complete)
    4. They receive the error message: "This list is currently being managed by Project Web App, and cannot be edited directly"

How do we modify the project to allow users to be able to edit their project in the Tasks page?

• Edited by Hossein Aa Friday, July 11, 2014 2:40 AM
    Friday, July 11, 2014 2:39 AM

Answers

• Hossein,

You are seeing an aggregation of the Project Workspace tasks by the SharePoint Work Management service.

Projects in Project Server/Online can be in either 3 modes:

- Enterprise Project

- Visibility Project (SharePoint Task List Project).

- Task list synchronised with Project Pro.

Only tasks from the last two can be modified by the user directly.  Task lists from Enterprise Projects are read-only and must be updated via the My Tasks link or via the schedule for the updates to be pushed down to the tasks list in the Project Workspace site.

Hope that helps,

James.

James Boman IPMO http://www.ipmo.com.au @JBoman32768

Friday, July 11, 2014 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hossein,

You are seeing an aggregation of the Project Workspace tasks by the SharePoint Work Management service.

Projects in Project Server/Online can be in either 3 modes:

- Enterprise Project

- Visibility Project (SharePoint Task List Project).

- Task list synchronised with Project Pro.

Only tasks from the last two can be modified by the user directly.  Task lists from Enterprise Projects are read-only and must be updated via the My Tasks link or via the schedule for the updates to be pushed down to the tasks list in the Project Workspace site.

Hope that helps,

James.

James Boman IPMO http://www.ipmo.com.au @JBoman32768

Friday, July 11, 2014 3:38 AM
  • Hi Mr. Hossein, 

If I chose the project to be Visibility i.e. "Project Web App will have visibility into the projects created with this Enterprise Project Type.", is there any drawback to this?

My issue is that I want the Project Manager to mark their tasks "done" from the SharePoint task list (because I have synchronized the Project tasks with the SharePoint task list), rather than accessing the plan of the project (project schedule, in online or desktop application).

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:08 AM