none
Booting into CloudBuilder.vhdx - UNACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE RRS feed

• Question

• I have confirmed my Host System meets the requirements for Azure Stack Deployment via "asdk-prechecker.ps1" script:

I have successfully downloaded the "AzureStackDownloader" and ran the .exe to extract the files via "C:\AzureStackDevelopmentKit\cloudbuilder.vhdx"

Once I run the script "asdk-installer.ps1" and reboot my system into "Azure Stack" from the Boot Menu:

I get a blue screen saying :

I seem to be following the instructions clearly. What could I be doing wrong? How can I resolve this?

• Edited by Nick Ninio Monday, July 22, 2019 10:05 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 10:04 PM

Answers

• Hello I have resolved this by properly setting up my Hardware. I went the non Hyper V route. and booted directly to Azure Stack Method.

• Marked as answer by Nick Ninio Friday, July 26, 2019 6:48 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2019 4:42 PM

All replies

• To start, I would delete the VHD and re-download it. 

2nd, make sure you follow the instructions for preparing the host computer.

3rd, are you trying to install Azure Stack inside of HyperV or are you booting directly from the physical machine?

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:58 PM
  • Hello I have resolved this by properly setting up my Hardware. I went the non Hyper V route. and booted directly to Azure Stack Method.

• Marked as answer by Nick Ninio Friday, July 26, 2019 6:48 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2019 4:42 PM
  • How did you do it? can i get a broader explanation? Im having exactly the same error.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:21 AM
  • This error occurred by using Nested Virtualization (Trying to install the ASDK inside of Hyper-V) which is not a supported scenario for the ASDK. It was mitigated by following the instructions and booting the computer into the .VHDX. 
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 12:34 AM
  • I have followed the exact instructions as given in official Microsoft page. The pre-requisite checker ran without errors.

Please provide the exact steps to set up hardware and how should the Windows Server 2016 be run? Unable to get rid of this error.

Thanks

• Edited by Rajath Av Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:35 AM