none
Sharepoint 2010 Approval Workflow Form - Pulling Data from the comments field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello; 

I am using Sharepoint 2013 OP with SPD 2013. 

I created a Sharepoint 2010 Approval workflow using the default workflow. When the user approves the item, there is a pre installed comment box. 

How do I pull the comments that the approver types into the box, and add those to the e-mail which is sent out via the "When approved e-mail initator (requestor)" action? 

Thanks

Saturday, September 14, 2019 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi DMO1401,

Where is your "When approved e-mail initiator (requestor)" action? Whether you want to send an email to initiator when the current task is approved with comments?

If that’s the case, you can change the behavior of a single task and add the “Send email” action and set as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by DMO1401 Monday, September 16, 2019 1:48 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 3:57 AM

All replies

• Hi DMO1401,

Where is your "When approved e-mail initiator (requestor)" action? Whether you want to send an email to initiator when the current task is approved with comments?

If that’s the case, you can change the behavior of a single task and add the “Send email” action and set as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by DMO1401 Monday, September 16, 2019 1:48 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 3:57 AM
  • Argh I was using the wrong data source. Thank you Grace!!!!!
    Monday, September 16, 2019 1:48 PM