cannot display the right vaue of a dropdownlist RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have a grid that contains 3 fields: CityID, BranchID and Edit link.

When i click on the edit link, a web user control page "addFacilty.ascx" is displayed with the right edited items.

"addFacilty.ascx" include 2 dropdown lists ddlCity and ddlBranch and 2 textboxes cityid and branchid

I want that the dropdownlists contain as result:

1-ddlcity: the city having id: cityid.text.tostring()
    2-ddlbranch: the branch having id : branchid.text.tostring();

Note that cityid and branchid are two textboxes with Text value is bind to grid. so it is automaically filled.

My problem now is that when i click on edit link of the grid. cityid and branchid of the webUser control page displays the right item. but when i want to use their values, cityid and branchid are treated as if they are empty.

below is the code of "addFacilty.ascx":

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlCity" runat="server" DataSourceID="tblCity" DataTextField="city" DataValueField="cityID" AutoPostBack="true" SelectedValueField='<%#DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.cityID") %>'>
                </asp:DropDownList>
                <asp:SqlDataSource ID="tblCity" runat="server" ConnectionString="<% $ ConnectionStrings:SmartBookingEngineConn %>" SelectCommand="select cityID,city from viewCityAdmin"></asp:SqlDataSource>

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlBranch" runat="server" DataSourceID="tblBranch"
                    DataTextField="Branch" DataValueField="BranchID">

</asp:DropDownList>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="tblBranch" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:SmartBookingEngineConn %>" SelectCommand="SELECT [BranchID],[Branch] FROM [tblBranch] WHERE ([CityID]=@cityID)">
                   &lt;SelectParameters>
                    <asp:ControlParameter Name="cityID" ControlID="ddlCity" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" />
                   &lt;/SelectParameters>
                </asp:SqlDataSource> 

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="cityid" Runat="server" Height="28px" Visible="true"  Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.cityID"  ) %>' >
                </telerik:RadTextBox>

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="branchid" Runat="server" Height="28px" Visible="true" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.BranchID")%>' AutoPostBack="true">
                </telerik:RadTextBox>

***addFacilty.ascx.cs:

protectedvoidPage_Load(objectsender, EventArgse){

if (cityid.Text.ToString() != "" && branchid.Text.ToString() !="") { string selectedIDCity = cityid.Text.ToString(); tblCity.SelectCommand = "Select * from viewCityAdmin where cityID=@cityid"; tblCity.SelectParameters.Clear(); tblCity.SelectParameters.Add("cityid", selectedIDCity); tblCity.DataBind(); string selectedIDBranch = branchid.Text.ToString(); tblBranch.SelectCommand = &quot;Select * from tblBranch where BranchID=@branchid"; tblBranch.SelectParameters.Clear(); tblBranch.SelectParameters.Add("branchid", selectedIDBranch); tblBranch.DataBind(); }}

thank you in advance.

• Edited by m_safaaaa Monday, December 17, 2012 7:17 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 7:00 AM