The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Security Center!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
JIT VM Access - lost access to settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Security Center enabled and have been using JIT VM access for a number of months now with no issues. Today when I try to enable access to my VM I get a message suggesting I should give JIT VM access a try "Try Just in time VM access". If I follow this link it takes me to a page where I can,

Enable Security Center standard tier on your subscriptions.
    Get started with 30-day free trial

Thing is I already have it enabled as I have been using it and paying for it for the last few months.

When I check the NSG I can see the block rule put there by JIT - SecurityCenter-JITRule_blahblahblah

and I guess I could remove this to gain access to my VM but I'd rather have JIT working.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a simple fix or is the Azure site just having having some issues and I should just try again in a few hours time?

Thanks

Friday, October 4, 2019 12:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you still having this issue ? If yes, I suggest you to please open a support ticket so that an engineer can look into your environment.  If you have any limitation to create a support ticket, please send an email to AzCommunity[at]microsoft[dot]com with your subscription id and this issue link and I will enable a one time technical support ticket for you. 
    Friday, October 4, 2019 1:50 PM
  • I logged in to Azure just now and JIT is now working normally. So seems the solution is to leave it for a bit and try later. I'll follow your suggestion if it happens again.

Thanks.

Friday, October 4, 2019 9:43 PM
  • Thank you for sharing your solution with us kooc as per the behaviour you saw. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

Sunday, October 6, 2019 4:26 PM