none
ML Export to Blob - (404) Not Found.. Please check the url RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving an

Error 0151: Error writing to cloud storage: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.. Please check the url

when trying to write to Azure Blob Storage using authentication SAS. 

As far as I can tell the url is correct since I can navigate to it in a browser and when I enter the filename of the existing file I receive an error (error 0057) that the file already exists.

This is the path to the file, https://demandforecastingssb2.blob.core.windows.net/sales/AmazonSponsoredSearchKeywordPerformance.jpeg. I have tried opening up security as much as possible.

Any tips on what I'm missing or next steps to troubleshoot? Thank you very much for any help.

Friday, January 31, 2020 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the below snapshot and troubleshooting guide for Machine Learning Module error codes.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/studio-module-reference/errors/machine-learning-module-error-codes#error-0057

There are two authentication types for exporting data to Azure Blob Storage: SAS and Account. 

When you are using the SAS authentication type and to retrieve the Azure Blob storage container's shared access signature (SAS) URL. open the Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer, right-click your container, and select Get shared access signature. Make sure the all the permissions are checked, and click Create. Then copy the value in the URL section and use it.

Please follow the below link to export data to azure blob storage and please publish your experiment to the azure AI gallery to check.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/studio-module-reference/export-to-azure-blob-storage#how-to-export-data-to-azure-blob-storage

Thanks

Monday, February 3, 2020 8:51 AM
  • Thank you. My error happens on step 7 of the suggested resolution:

If you specify the name of a blob that does not already exist, Azure creates the blob for you.

When writing to an existing blob, you can specify that current contents of the blob be overwritten by setting the property, Azure blob storage write mode. By default, this property is set to Error, meaning that an error is raised whenever an existing blob file of the same name is found.

When writing to a new file I receive the error message:

Error 0151: Error writing to cloud storage: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.. Please check the url

I have verified the url is correct by entering an existing file name. The export function can resolves the url correctly with an existing file name but fails when trying to write a new file. The only difference in the url is the file name. 

Any other ideas on what could be wrong? I am using an msdn account with the associated complimentary usage in case that has some limitations on what can be done.

Thanks.

Monday, February 3, 2020 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please confirm whether you are using the Azure Designer (Preview) or Azure ML Studio Classic and please publish your experiment to the azure AI gallery to check it further or add your error snapshot that you are seeing.

When you use SAS authentication type and to retrieve the azure Blob storage container's shared access signature (SAS) URL. open the Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer, right-click your container, and select Get shared access signature. Make sure the all the permissions are checked, and click Create. Then copy the value in the URL section and use it. 

Also when you use the account authentication type, you would be able to export to the Azure blob storage.

We would recommend to raise a Azure support desk ticket from Help+Support blade from Azure portal.This will help you to share the details securely and work with an engineer who can provide more insights about the issue.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 5:12 AM