none
Parameters won't change after Go to report action with parms passed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report which we have been using for years.  Recently we received a request to add expand and collapse all functionality.  I found several examples and was able to get this to work however this feature breaks the report.  I can't select other search criteria from the drop down parameters at the top of the report.  The parameters keep resetting to the values passed from the Go to report action as soon as I attempt to change the value.  Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Happy Monday

Monday, June 29, 2020 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi moi99,

>>I can't select other search criteria from the drop down parameters at the top of the report.  The parameters keep resetting to the values passed from the Go to report action as soon as I attempt to change the value.

Did you mean you cannot select the parameter in drillthrough report?

If so, this issue might be caused by the wrong setting about the parameter.

Have you passed parameters to drillthrough report?

You can pass the parameter in Text Box Properties -> Action -> Go to report ->Use these parameters to run the report.

Please refer to Add a Drillthrough Action on a Report and  Action Properties Dialog Box which might help.

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:27 AM
  • Hi Amelia,

No that is not the issue I'm having.   I am able to use Action and Go to report just fine.  The report successfully expands and collapses.  The issue is that I can't alter the other report parameters at the top of the report.  Every time I attempt to change one of the values the drop down reloads to the value that was passed by Go to report Action.  The parameters at the top of the report work fine if I don't use Expand or Collapse however once the collapse/expand Action is used the parameters they pass won't allow the other parameters at the top to change.  Does this make sense?

Happy Tuesday,

Robert

• Edited by moi99 Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:12 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:49 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

>>Every time I attempt to change one of the values the drop down reloads to the value that was passed by Go to report Action.

What are you using to view the report?

Are you viewing the report in SSRS web portal?

Based on my test, in SSRS web portal, the parameter can be selected casually in drillthrough report, regardless of whether the report contains collapse/expand action.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 9:42 AM
  • Yes this is a SSRS report.  Your response is not helpful.  As I said the parameters at the top will not change after the collapse and expand action is done.  Do you have any suggestions as to why this might be the case?

Happy Wednesday,

Robert

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 2:54 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I am not sure why the parameters at the top will not change after the collapse and expand action are completed. In my report, the parameter can be selected casually in drillthrough report, regardless of whether the report contains collapse/expand action.

Could you please try to install CU for SQL Server?

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support

Friday, July 3, 2020 8:13 AM
  • I reworked the collapse/expand functionality from textbox buttons examples i had found to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFowIZ9Lgh4  .  It works now.
    Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:27 PM