none
This project can only be edited through Project Web App. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am the PMO of the company, and I want the Project Managers to submit their project plans at the beginning of the projects. 

Once they have submitted their plans, I will upload (publish) them to their respective projects. After that the project Managers should only mark their tasks done from the "Synchronized SharePoint Task Lists" , but unfortunately I am getting the mentioned error: "This project can only be edited through Project Web App."

I have turned on the option of synchronize the tasks with the SharePoint tasks list.

Please guide me, I want a solution for this problem, I dont want to give access of the Project Plans (Schedule) to the Project Managers, I want to treat them as kids (once we agree on a plan, PM only tells me what is done and what is not done).

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi, the question has already been answered here - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/83a15e76-4afc-416f-b5a3-5925079353c0/error-quotthis-list-is-currently-being-managed-by-project-web-app-and-cannot-be-edited?forum=projserv2010setup 

Ultimately, synchronising tasks to sharepoint provides a READ-ONLY view in sharepoint.   Your desire to update from SharePoint is not supported.  

If you want PMs to tell you want is done/not done, assign them as resources and ask them to mark tasks as 100% complete via the MyTasks option in PWA.  

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:57 PM