none
SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I need to embed SSRS in Web Application. I'm completely new to it. Our company is working on prem so the reports should be generated without internet connection because of our organization  security reasons. Somehow I have got the impression that SSRS technologies didn't improve much for the last 8-10 years. I found samples in internet dated 2012 and 2010 but not something new. 
    I see that on server side I can use Web Api working with SSRS, but on client I found only examples for WEbForms using reportviewer inside updatepanel, which is  an outdated technology. Is there option to render report data with angular on client side. Are there any examples for that ? I;d like to build interactive report generator with SSRS, WeB API and angular technologies. Did someone make something like that already?I'll appreciate also links to resomended online courses on this topic - how to build  report generator on basis of SSRS using new technologies.
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:56 AM

All replies

• Current versions of SSRS provides a REST API, which can easily be addressed from all programming language, also JavaScript / Angular JS.

See Integrating Reporting Services into Applications

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

As Olaf mentioned, you can embed SSRS into application using Rest API. The REST API provides programmatic access to the objects in a SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services report server catalog. Examples of objects are folders, reports, KPIs, data sources, datasets, refresh plans, subscriptions, and more. Using the REST API, you can, for example, navigate the folder hierarchy, discover the contents of a folder, or download a report definition. You can also create, update, and delete objects. Examples of working with objects are upload a report, execute a refresh plan, delete a folder, and so on.

You can get samples are available on SwaggerHub or GitHub. And here are some introduction on REST API:Develop with the REST APIs for Reporting Services & SQL Server Reporting Services Rest API 

Hope it will help

Best Regards

Dawn

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 3, 2020 1:42 AM
  • Hello friend,
    Have you solved the question?
    If you have resolved your issue, could you please mark the useful reply as answer? This can be beneficial to other community members finding and reading the thread easily. 
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:00 AM