none
Not able to identified why created Add-On is displaying under "Report Suspicious Email" in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Language:  - VB.Net

IDE: - Visual Studio 2019

Type: - Outlook Add-Ins

Description: - I have created an Add-On, and it is working fine on multiple clients, but one of the client has reported that Add-Ins is displaying under "Report Suspicious Email" in Outlook. 

Kindly help us to identified why Add-On is coming under "Report Suspicious Email".

I will be really thankful.

Regards, S.P Singh

• Edited by S.P Singh Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:04 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can check out the ribbon customizations dialog:

Another possible solution is to turn off add-ins one-by-one. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:19 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the reply, but I want to know the reason(RCA) of this, and would want to fix it permanently, so that this problem will not occur on any other client machine with MS Office x86/x64.

Regards, S.P Singh

Sunday, June 28, 2020 8:11 AM
  • I'd suggest reviewing your code and check out the list of registered and running COM and web add-ins in Outlook.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Monday, June 29, 2020 4:20 PM
  • So, you are saying that it might be due to other Add Ins program? One thing, I also noticed that Publisher:<None>. Can it be a reason for this?

If it is, how can it be fixed?

Regards, S.P Singh

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:29 AM
  • Looks like we have just found the cause. Try to disable this add-in and then check out the ribbon UI.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:33 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

Selected add-in:"Omni" is developed by us only, and we want to know the reason why it is displaying under "Report Suspicious Email", because we want to find the cause and fix it on client machine.

Kindly assist.

Regards, S.P Singh

Regards, S.P Singh

Saturday, July 4, 2020 12:36 PM