none
EPT Upgrades RRS feed

• Question

• We are updating our series of EPT's to better suit a new Governance approach.

Is it possible to modify the Enterprise Project Types page to include additional columns to show other attributes such as the Project ID Prefix, Site Template name and Project Plan Template name. The current page provides a good indication of some of the features being used in EPT's but not all of them. 

At present trying to keep a track of the various changes made and to be made is an issue as these changes are being done as and when rather than in one dedicated session. 

Being able to copy and paste the list or Export it to Excel like you can with other information in PWA would also be useful.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

There is no way to add custom attributes to EPT pages, since custom fields are at project, task or resource level as you know. A solution would be to use the description field to log change updates for each EPT.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, April 24, 2020 7:09 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

As always thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I am not looking to add in custom fields - what I was asking is if it is possible to have additional columns of "native" data included in the grid that displays EPT's in the Enterprise Project Types page accessed from Server Settings.

The columns for Name, Workflow Association, SharePoint Tasks List Project, New Projects Page, Departments, position and default are all attributes displayed and defined when editing an EPT, so why not also display Project ID Prefix, Site Template name and Project Plan Template name? - these are all also "native" rather than custom project attributes.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Friday, April 24, 2020 10:10 AM
  • Ok I get it, sorry!

By configuration it is not possible to modify this grid. Maybe with some JS code but I've never tried.

A workaround would be to add a custom report under the grid with a table containing the EPTs and the data you need.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, April 24, 2020 10:54 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your suggesion, I will take a look at the report option you suggest, I am surprised this request has not been asked for before, I think I might add it to the Voice of the Customer list of requests for Project.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Friday, April 24, 2020 12:06 PM