none
Connect VS Code to Azure Stack RRS feed

• Question

• According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-stack/user/azure-stack-dev-start-vscode-azure?view=azs-1908 we can easily link Visual Studio Code with Azure Stack.

I've tried to understand this documentation but I failed in step 1 and 10

In 1/ what's theguestDirectoryTenantName when we do not have Guest Directory Tenant ?

Register-AzsWithMyDirectoryTenant -TenantResourceManagerEndpoint $tenantARMEndpoint `
    -DirectoryTenantName $guestDirectoryTenantName

In 2/ VS Code reports an error when I am edditing settings.json with the JSON snippet
    "azure.cloud": "AzurePPE" is not supported.

Could you clarify with a video or a real updated exemple ?

Thanks

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:39 PM

All replies

• If you have an issue with the documentation, your best bet is to open a GitHub issue at the bottom of the doc. 

For step 1, you are enabling multi-tenancy in your Azure Stack, which will allow other AAD directories to log into your Azure Stack. If you are using a login with the existing Azure Stack tenant, you might not need to run the "Register-AzsWithMyDirectoryTenant. An Example guest directory is given in the multi-tenancy doc I linked earlier. 

Azure PPE should be supported, I know others have done this on 1908. Make sure that your VSCode is up to date!

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:06 PM