Green outline appears around content host when resolution is 1922px or higher. RRS feed

• Question

• What is purpose of this green outline and how to avoid it in resolutions higher than 1920px around content host that has appbar?

I could not find any purpose for this in MSDN documentations, except the comment provided in CSS class, see below. What is the purposes of outline in this class and how to avoid this in resolution 1922px or higher when content host has global appbar?

ui-light.css
    Build: 1.0.9600.16384.winblue_rtm.130821-1623 Version: Microsoft.WinJS.2.0

.win-flyoutmenuclickeater {

z-index: 1006;

background-color: transparent;

display: none;

width: 100%;

height: 100%;

left: 0;

top: 0;

position: fixed;

touch-action: none;

outline: 1px solid Lime; /*Necessary to block passthrough over webviews*/

}

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Alexander,

Actually you don't need to work on a repro. I checked this issue internally and it sounds like a bug with the RTM release of WinJS 2.0. We are tracking this issue for GA.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Regards,

Prashant.

Windows Store Developer Solutions #WSDevSol || Want more solutions? See our blog, http://aka.ms/t4vuvz

• Marked as answer by AlexanderXE Monday, October 7, 2013 8:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by AlexanderXE Monday, October 7, 2013 8:04 AM
    Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:05 AM

All replies

• Can you provide some more details on your question or provide a repro to understand your issue better?

Windows Store Developer Solutions #WSDevSol || Want more solutions? See our blog, http://aka.ms/t4vuvz

Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:12 AM
  • Please see the screen copy taken, and lime outline around in screen. It only appers in resolutions 1922px or higher and when I look the dom explorer it points to .win-flyoutmenuclickeater  The display is none in css, but the appbar control seem modifying it to display:block and it shows like in below screen copy.

• Edited by AlexanderXE Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:57 PM typo correction
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:56 PM
  • I tried the HTML AppBar control sample and ran it in the Simulator with a 27"" 2560 X 1440 (16:9. 100%) resolution/display, and using that sample, I do not see any lime outline.

Can you tell me what UI Elements you are using so that I can try to recreate the problem you are experiencing?

Saturday, October 5, 2013 1:04 AM
  • I think it happens in particular scenario, or combination, and not in all resolutions. I will create repo on this weekend based on SDK, I will submit SkyDrive link here when I have it done. 

Alexander

Saturday, October 5, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Hi Alexander,

Actually you don't need to work on a repro. I checked this issue internally and it sounds like a bug with the RTM release of WinJS 2.0. We are tracking this issue for GA.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Regards,

Prashant.

• Unmarked as answer by AlexanderXE Monday, October 7, 2013 8:04 AM
    Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:05 AM
  • Thanks Prashant,

I appreciate your prompt reply and time on this matter.

Alexander

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:05 AM
  • I am encountering some weird bugs coming from our testing for 8.1 store app that is upgraded from 8.0, such as this one, which are hard to track back to origin of code causing the issue. Some of these are mostly associated to 1922px resolution, or particular device in Windows 8.1. Each one of these issues reported from our testing are time consuming to identify the origin of code causing the particular issue.

I try to understand if there are more tools or techniques to use in order to trace or track 8.1 store app behavior / execution.

In generally I have asked tester to turn on the AppHost Diagnostics and attach the log information found. But some of below do not generate any information or provide any useful information regarding what happened in WinJS or Win 8.1 when the particular bug was encounter, or the application host was terminated. 

• Store apps hangs/blank screen appears after a certain time period of inactivity in Split View (left overnight, nothing reported in Event Viewer, appHost when Diagnostics are enabled)

• When application view page is left to time out, UI shows overlap of text.

• List View (Grid) shows one item in landscape, when user rotate the screen it shows two items in portrait. This is reproducible only in 1922px resolution.

Are there ways to take a dump of the store app, track the CSS rendering, or trace WWAHost execution of application, or any other way to identify or narrow down the issues such as above?

Alexander

• Edited by AlexanderXE Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:35 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:31 AM