none
Server time out error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I get below error for Azure API App, service timeout when API takes time more than 3.83 mins. Is there any way that I can increase the timeout?
    OR 
    I've to go with WebJobs approach as explained below.

As per the below update from Microsoft. We can create webjobs and by API we can call it.

"230 seconds is the maximum amount of time that a request can take without sending any data back to the response. It is not configurable. For more details, refer to Time Out After 230 seconds. If your web app requires background processing, we recommend using Azure WebJobs. The Azure web app can call WebJobs and be notified when background processing is finished. You can choose from multiple methods for using WebJobs, including queues and triggers."

Please help me how we can call webjobs from API and pass JSON object to webjobs.

Thanks, <b>Ankit Shah</b> <hr> Inkey Solutions, India. <hr> Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals <hr> http://ankit.inkeysolutions.com

Friday, September 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your Patience.Unfortunately, this is a default limit in App Service as stated by the engineering team here.

As mentioned in this relate SO thread "You can also move to an async model where the client makes a request, gets some sort of ticket or identifier that is can poll back to see if the processing is done." You could either use WebJobs or Azure Functions is another option. You can follow this tutorial to get started with Azure Webjobs.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Grace

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your Patience.Unfortunately, this is a default limit in App Service as stated by the engineering team here.

As mentioned in this relate SO thread "You can also move to an async model where the client makes a request, gets some sort of ticket or identifier that is can poll back to see if the processing is done." You could either use WebJobs or Azure Functions is another option. You can follow this tutorial to get started with Azure Webjobs.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Grace

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Dear Grace,

Thank you for the quick reply and the links.

Thanks, <b>Ankit Shah</b> <hr> Inkey Solutions, India. <hr> Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals <hr> http://ankit.inkeysolutions.com

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:44 AM