none
Approval not tranisitioning to next stage using SharePoint 2013 workflow and custom infopath form approvals RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and thank in advance. I can't use a task list for approvals, so currently I have to use InfoPath and 2013 workflow. In this example if the write-off amount is >= 101.01 than an approval email gets sent out to the "P2 Approver" (phase 2). That user opens the link and then selects "Approve" in infopath to set the list column [P2 Approval] to "Approved". Once approved "P3 Approver" also gets an email and then selects approved. Then skips to to the "Phase 7" however, for some reason after P2 approval it sends notifications for both "p3 Approval" and "TEst issue". "Test Issue" was originally "End Workflow" but for troubleshooting purposes I wanted to receive an email to confirm both conditions were being processed.  Once again thank you in advance for the help!

Here is the workflow. It is executed on item add or edit.

• Edited by AdamDoubleYou Friday, August 2, 2019 3:44 AM update image
    Friday, August 2, 2019 3:40 AM

Answers

• Hi AdamDoubleYou, 

From the workflow step you offered, when go to the Stage:P3 approval, the current item:P3 Approval not equals approved/rejected, so it will go to Stage:TEST issues.

So you will get two emails. 

Since you use if condition, the workflow needn't to wait and it is executed at once. You can use another action Pause for duration to wait for approval status equals approved or rejected. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by AdamDoubleYou Monday, August 5, 2019 5:14 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi AdamDoubleYou, 

From the workflow step you offered, when go to the Stage:P3 approval, the current item:P3 Approval not equals approved/rejected, so it will go to Stage:TEST issues.

So you will get two emails. 

Since you use if condition, the workflow needn't to wait and it is executed at once. You can use another action Pause for duration to wait for approval status equals approved or rejected. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by AdamDoubleYou Monday, August 5, 2019 5:14 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Thank you, Lisa.  I added a "Wait for P2 Approval to equal "Approved"". Your response greatly helped. Thanks!
    Monday, August 5, 2019 5:22 PM