none
PHP site error only with Chrome: 502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

Question

• I have a Wordpress site running on the Azure Web Sites and I'm encountering the following exception:

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

The exception happens only with Chrome, browsing the site with IE10 works OK. And this only happens when I refresh the current page: So first time I navigate to the page, it's shown correctly. The second attempt to reach the page gives the error.

Here's an example page which shows the problem: http://mikaelkoskinen.net/windows-phone-8-iconic-tile-image-size-comparison/

If you navigate to it using Chrome, the page should be shown OK. But hit F5, and you should see the error. Hit F5 again to see the page, and F5 again to see the error. And so own. Ctrl+F5 always shows the page correctly.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:15 AM

Answers

• It seems that this was related to the WP Super Cache plugin. I disabled some options from it and everything is now running OK. 

I disabled the following:

• "304 Not Modified browser caching. Indicate when a page has not been modified since last requested."
    • "Extra homepage checks"

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:49 AM