none
HTML Default page not set RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Unsure where this is coming from, can you provide a good deal more information?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:25 AM
  • This is an ASP.Net question so it should be asked in the ASP.Net forums.

You do not specify whether this is for a website local to your system or if it is hosted elsewhere. Regardless, the answer is probably that the default pages are determined by IIS. If you are using a hosting service then look at the hosting company documentation or ask them for help. If it is a local website then execute inetmgr and look for the Default Document icon.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:08 PM
  • This is HTML Help Workshop

Only this first page not be opening when i opening HTML page. 

This error showing how to set default page

I am sending Html Page and attachment i hope you will better understand 

Monday, December 16, 2019 2:21 PM

Sorry, can't help with this, have not used Help Workshop in 20 years. A better choice is sandcastle. Download.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, December 16, 2019 3:25 PM

You should have said that in the beginning. I probably have a sample somewhere that I probably would have looked for if you had said this is HTML Workshop in the beginning but I already spent time on this that was wasted.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:27 PM
  • Hi CompuTechSide,

I will move the thread to Where is the Forum For…? forum which can tell you where to go ask questions.

VB forum is a Question & Answer system for VB.Net related questions as well as a Discussion board for VB.Net Language related topics.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:37 AM
  • I'd try asking for help over here.

https://forums.asp.net/

https://forums.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:43 PM
  • I'd try asking for help over here.

https://forums.asp.net/

https://forums.iis.net/

Actually it is neither an ASP.Net question nor an IIS question. It is a Windows question. I think that HTML Help was designed when XML did not exist or was too new for Microsoft to notice it and HTML Help uses HTML in a manner that XML would be used if HTML Help were designed now. And XML is used for Windows desktop application configuration files. Just as it is clear that XML desktop application configuration files are neither ASP.Net nor IIS, HTML Help is not.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:15 PM
  • In that case pretty old stuff, something here might help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/desktop/htmlhelp/html-help-frequently-asked-questions

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:22 PM