none
Error 1000 when importing multiple csv files from blob storage

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to import two csv files from a blob container by using an Import Data module. As both files have exactly the same structure and separator (comma), I use a * character in the path specification as indicated in the documentation:

container_name/folder_name/*.csv

When I use the import wizard, the test is successful. If I import the csv files individually, the are imported without problems. The issue seems to be the use of the wildcard *. I get the following error message:

requestId = 56c28399b74245c9af3527f94d404d04 errorComponent=Module. taskStatusCode=400. {"Exception":{"ErrorId":"LibraryException","ErrorCode":"1000","ExceptionType":"ModuleException","Message":"Error 1000: AFx Library library exception: Couldn't load [Expression.Error] The key did not match any rows in the table. from resource","Exception":{"Library":"AFx Library","ErrorId":"CannotLoadFromResource","ErrorCode":"86","ExceptionType":"LibraryException","Message":"Couldn't load [Expression.Error] The key did not match any rows in the table. from resource"}}}Error: Error 1000: AFx Library library exception: Couldn't load [Expression.Error] The key did not match any rows in the table. from resource Process exited with error code -2

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Could you check to see if the schema and inferred datatypes for both the CSV files are identical when you individually import the CSV files? Perhaps there is some minor difference in the files hence it is unable to import them simultaneously. 

Regards,
    Jaya

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:58 PM
  • I tested and the path name with the wildcard * doesn't work even if I have only one file csv to import from the blob storage, shouldn't it do it?

In addition, I uploaded to the blob two copies of the same csv file, with different names (file1.csv and file2.csv). The individual import of the files goes perfect. But importing both of them together by using container/file*.csv or container/*.csv in the path field still doesn't work. Removing the header rows in both files doesn't change nothing.

The path container/file*.csv gives a successful test connection in the import wizard, but then the run of the module fails.

Any other idea? Thanks again!

Ariel

Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:04 AM
  • Hi, 

Unfortunately, I can't think of why the file fails to import. Perhaps other users might have some suggestions. 

Regards,
    Jaya

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:20 PM