Azure Windows Virtual Desktop - failed to create host pool RRS feed

• Question

• Deployment template validation failed: 'The provided value 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Frontdoor.Common.Entities.TemplateGenericProperty`1[Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken]' for the template parameter 'newOrExistingVnet' at line '158' and column '24' is not valid. The parameter value is not part of the allowed value(s): 'existing'.'.
    <label aria-hidden="true" class="azc-text-sublabel msportalfx-tooltip-overflow" data-bind="untrustedContentDeprecated: $data" style="font-weight:600;margin-float:right;margin-bottom:-1px;color:#323130;"></label>
    getting above error.

Farrukh Anwar

Saturday, March 21, 2020 5:00 AM

All replies

• Getting below error while creating host pool

Deployment template validation failed: 'The provided value 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Frontdoor.Common.Entities.TemplateGenericProperty`1[Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken]' for the template parameter 'newOrExistingVnet' at line '158' and column '24' is not valid. The parameter value is not part of the allowed value(s): 'existing'.'.
    <label aria-hidden="true" class="azc-text-sublabel msportalfx-tooltip-overflow" data-bind="untrustedContentDeprecated: $data" style="font-weight:600;margin-float:right;margin-bottom:-1px;color:#323130;"></label>

Farrukh Anwar

Friday, March 20, 2020 2:33 PM
  • can anyone respond to above.

Farrukh Anwar

Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:27 AM
  • can anyone respond to above.

Farrukh Anwar

Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:28 AM
  • Hi Farrukh Anwar,

Perhaps I am missing something but based on given information, I believe you have provided an invalid value for the template parameter named 'newOrExistingVnet'. As per the exception shared, the allowed values of that parameter are 'existing' (and 'new' !?). To diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way, I suggest you to please provide complete ARM template.

You may already be aware but just FYI this azure document is a reference for you to check related 'new' or 'existing' allowed values for a sample parameter 'newOrExisting'.
    • Proposed as answer by Femisulu-MSFT Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:59 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2020 7:59 AM
  • Hey, This is pretty easy to resolve if you are still running into this problem. The problem comes in if you created the Network and Subnet in the same browser session that you plan to use to create the Windows Virtual Desktop pool. Open a browser Incognito and attempt to create the WVD. You should see success. You'll know you'll get success if you can finally see and select the network and subnet you was the WVD to connect to. 

This is what solve my exact same issue. 

Richard Dixon CEO System Center Archtect xMSIT

Monday, March 30, 2020 9:32 PM