none
Azure REST API - $filter param for time delta throws ProviderError RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We are facing issues with the Azure API endpoint for fetching security alerts based on given time filter.

We encountered the following error while hitting the endpoint with the required params and Bearer access token.

Endpoint URL:

Http method: GET

https://management.azure.com/subscriptions/{subscription-id}/resourceGroups/{ResourceGroup}/providers/Microsoft.Security/alerts?api-version={version}}&$filter=properties.reportedTimeUtc eq '2019-07-06T08:00:51.8801218Z'

Error Details:

{

"error": {

"code": "ProviderError",

"message": "Resource provider 'Microsoft.Security' failed to return collection response for type 'alerts'."

}

}

NOTE:

The URL gives response without specifying the time “filter” , but when using filter as one of the params, we get the above mentioned error.

The param value used:  $filter = properties.reportedTimeUtc eq '2019-07-06T08:00:51.8801218Z'

Could anyone help in the resolution of this issue? Let me know for any additional details/clarifications. Thank You.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:10 AM

All replies

• I am getting the exact error in my lab. I will work internally to find out more about this and will share my findings here. 
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:29 AM
  • Hi Anish, 

Try with this syntax "$filter=Properties/ReportedTimeUtc gt 2019-06-02T11:58:00.00Z" with R in capitals and let me know if it works for you.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:32 AM
  • I'm following up on this, please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions. Thanks
    Friday, July 26, 2019 9:40 PM