none
Giving permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I have 2 models which were deployed to the Azure analysis services XYZ. Is there a way that i can give separate role permissions to different models. For example User1 whoc can excess model 1 cannot excess Model 2
    Monday, September 16, 2019 7:54 PM

All replies

• As far as I know:
    1) AAS / SSAS Tabular supports single model per database.
    2) You can store different models in different databases (or instances)
    3) Single database can have multiple perspectives (these normally look like another cube in UI)

Therefore security between different models (databases/instances) will be different (or replicated)
    Perspectives are just another visual level for better navigability, perspectives are not designed as security measure (there's no way to control it separately from source model tables).
    Monday, September 16, 2019 8:34 PM
  • @Yuri Thank you for sharing your insights. It is very helpful.

@Hitesh_BI, Just checking in to see if the above suggestion from @Yuri was helpful. If this answers your query, please do consider to click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote, as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:06 PM