none
Moving file between servers with Foreach Container and File System Task RRS feed

• Question

• I have an SSIS package that I have deployed to a SQL server (server A). I have a second FTP server (server B) that gets documents loaded to it daily. I have mapped the network so that I can see the FTP folder (\\serverB\Temp, but the full local path on serverB is C:\Temp) from server B on server A. The files in here can have various names and I want to move all of them.

In SSIS, I setup a foreach loop container that contains a file system task to copy the file to a local folder on server A. When I run the SSIS package in Visual Studio Data Tools, it runs no problem. When I run it from Integration Services Catalog on server A, I get Warning: The For Each File enumerator is empty. The For Each file enumerator did not find any files that matched the file pattern, or the specified directory was empty. There IS a file in there.

For the For Each container enumerator configuration, I have the following folder path: \\serverB\Temp\ReportsLocation\  and have "Fully Qualified" selected for the Retrieve file name *.*

Things work when I'm moving a file between folders on the same server, but seems to not like the network drive.

What am I missing? Why can't it see the data in the folder? 

Monday, June 1, 2020 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

May I know if the user in Integration Services Catalog has correct access to the folder?

If not, please provide read/write access to the user in Integration Services Catalog.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 1:45 AM
  • Update: Added full permissions to account the SQL Agent runs under and the UNC path works without issue.
    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:00 PM