none
Azure MySQL seems to be pretty unstable RRS feed

• Question

• So far I am not having a lot of luck working with Azure MySQL.  Security is a major pain, creating users is impossible, and forget changing anything if by some chance you are able to get it working.  

No matter what I do I am getting the following error

#1290 - The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement

So if its in read-only mode, anyone have any ideas on how I can get it out of that mode???

Shawn

Sunday, May 27, 2018 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Shawn, 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with the Azure DB for MySQL service. The error message that you've shared indicates that you've run out of storage. Can you please try scaling up storage on your server to see if this resolves the issue? You can view how much storage is being used on your server (as well as storage % used) from the portal in the Metrics tab. 

Thanks,

Andrea Lam

Program Manager, Azure Data

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:52 AM
  • Thanks -- thank helps.  I was in a time crunch so I moved on to setting up a VM instead for now.  I'll circle back and try again later.

That said, seems really odd to get a "read-only" error message when store is the issue.  Maybe an update to some documentation could help here?  Or something a little more visible in the Azure control panel (I didn't see any alerts at all)

Shawn

Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:06 PM
  • Hi Shawn, 

Thanks for the feedback. We're in the process of writing some new documentation around this specific scenario.

You would need to set up an alert in Azure Monitor that emails you a selected resource hits a certain threshold of your choice. 

Thanks,

Andrea Lam

Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:34 PM
  • Hi Shawn, 

Just checked with my team and saw that we did publish a section in our docs about reaching the storage limit here. I understand this doc might not be the best place to publish this info, so we're working on creating a separate doc to provide guidance on what happens when you hit various limits in the service.

Thanks,

Andrea Lam

Friday, June 1, 2018 12:27 AM