none
FAQ: Cloudyn Data Refresh Timelines RRS feed

• General discussion

• Cloudyn data refresh timelines:

• Initially: It can take 24-72 hours to see cost data in Cloudyn after setup. It can also take up to 10 days for Cloudyn to collect enough data to display sizing recommendations and projected costs. (Cloudyn only loads 1 month of historical data from Azure after setup.) 
    • Daily: From the 10th to the end of each month, Cloudyn should show your data up to date from the previous day after about UTC+3 the next day (but may take up to 24 hours longer).
    • Monthly: From the 1st to the 10th of each month, Cloudyn may not show the finalized data from the end of the previous month.
    • Generally: Please wait 72 hours for data to propagate from Azure to Cloudyn before reporting a delay. 

Details:
    By default, Cloudyn processes the data for the previous day once the full data from previous day is available. So, the previous day's data will usually be available in Cloudyn by about UTC+3 each day, although some data (like tags) can take an addition 24 hours to reprocess after new data reaches Cloudyn. Also, at the beginning of every month, when providers finalize their billing for the previous month, data for the current month is not available for collection by Cloudyn. It can take between 5 to 10 days at the start of each month for the previous month's data to become available to Cloudyn again. During this time you may only see amortized costs from the previous month and other costs pushed via the API, but not see the daily billing or usage data. Once the data is available again, Cloudyn reprocess it retroactively, so that you will see the full month’s worth of data again starting sometime between the 5th and 10th of each month.

Please also note:
    As soon as your Azure accounts are discovered by Cloudyn, cost data is immediately provided in cost based reports for both "activated" and "un-activated" accounts. However, in order for Cloudyn to provide usage and performance data as well as cost data, you need to register your Azure Resource Manager (ARM) credentials to activate the account following the instructions in the video at: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/articles/212784085-Adding-Azure-Resource-Manager

Delays:
    In the event there is a longer than expected delay with data populating from Azure to Cloudyn, Azure data is still recorded in Azure and will be transferred into Cloudyn via the API along with the following day's data once the connection is restored.

Friday, October 6, 2017 10:01 PM

All replies

• Is there a way to tell Cloudyn to do a new inventory of the Azure environment? (so a manual start of the inventory)

I have adjusted some sizings for several VM's yesterday but it isn't showing up in the Cost-Effective Sizing Recommendations.

thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hello Miltank,

Changes can propagate from Azure to Cloudyn as quickly as 2 hours, but may also take up to 72 hours. So, you will need to wait up to 72 hours for changes in Azure to be reflected in Cloudyn. If they still aren't updated in Cloudyn by then, the Cloudyn support team can help recalculate from the back end. I hope that helps!

- Micah Adamson

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:45 PM
  • And how do I reach the Cloudyn support team? Because I have adjusted several servers to match the Cost-Effective Sizing Recommendations but it is still showing the servers as being in the old configuration.

Regards, Arnold

Friday, October 27, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hello Miltank,

If you have an Azure support agreement, you can open an Azure service request and it will be transferred to the Cloudyn support team.

Thanks!
    - Micah Adamson

Friday, October 27, 2017 8:55 PM
  • Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:02 PM
  • Thanks Very usefull (should be on docs.microsoft.com instead of being hidden in MSDN forum. How long does it take the Cloudyn to get Azure Tag ?

Stanislas Quastana, Microsoft France http://blogs.technet.com/stanislas

Friday, November 17, 2017 3:34 PM
  • After setting up my account for the second time over 24 hours ago...still no data.  This is the second time I try setting up my azure account in Cloudyn.  The first time was many months ago.  With that setup I was only ably to view data that was over 4 months old.  I've followed all the instructions to the letter.  I get no errors.  I can't find any support site support email or support phonenumber I can contact with the exception of this forum.  I'm just trying to find out why Azure is charging me 3x the amount I expected according the the online azure calculator.  Finding out what services I am purchasing and what they cost is pretty basic stuff.  This shouldn't take this much work on my part.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:43 PM
  • Hello Eythor,

Thanks for setting up Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn and for letting us know about this issue.

If you are still having issues seeing your Azure data in Cloudyn after 72 hours and you need the Cloudyn support team to investigate further on the server side, you can open a service request from:

• Azure Portal > Help + Support > New Support Request > Service: All Services > Monitoring & Management > Cloudyn

Thanks!

- Micah
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:55 PM