none
How to delete a function app?

Question

• Hi,

I have played around with the azure function app.

Nice things discovered, btw.

But now, how can I delete it from my subscription?

Thanks,

Andreas

Saturday, July 02, 2016 4:29 PM

Answers

• Andreas, you can click of Function App Settings / Go to App Service Settings. Then you'll have the usual Web App blade, from which you can delete the app.

David

Sunday, July 03, 2016 4:30 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Andreas,

It should be in its own resource group, which contains both the Function App and the associated Storage Account. So you can just delete the RG.

In https://portal.azure.com/, click Resource Groups in the left pane, find the relevant one and click delete (first make sure it contains nothing else, but that's unlikely).

David

Saturday, July 02, 2016 4:57 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Andreas,

It should be in its own resource group, which contains both the Function App and the associated Storage Account. So you can just delete the RG.

In https://portal.azure.com/, click Resource Groups in the left pane, find the relevant one and click delete (first make sure it contains nothing else, but that's unlikely).

David

Saturday, July 02, 2016 4:57 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks, David.

Unfortunately, this function app is located in a productive resource group which I can't delete without losing some important stuff.
    So, I guess I'll have to wait until somebody invents the well known garbage can icon in the function app's property page. :-)

Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Andreas, you can click of Function App Settings / Go to App Service Settings. Then you'll have the usual Web App blade, from which you can delete the app.

David

Sunday, July 03, 2016 4:30 PM
    Owner
  • David,

that was it! 

I must have overseen this option.

Thanks again,

Andreas

Sunday, July 03, 2016 5:01 PM
  • I have done this but my app service is showing with the orange "deleted" as if it were 'just deleted' but the Function is still showing up in my Azure Portal.
    Tuesday, January 03, 2017 4:25 PM
  • You can delete the app by going to the App Service Settings under Function App  Settings tabs ( bottom left)

then click on Go to App Service Settings -> Over view and Delete.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Yes, this works but is very unintuitive.

This needs to be more visible.

Michael McCoy (DNVGL)

Monday, March 20, 2017 11:38 AM