none
Need suggestions on Deleting volumes please RRS feed

• Question

• Hello StorSimple Folks...We are looking to reduce cost within our subscription. Recently, we migrated our 5000/7000 series to 8600. We were unable to deselect certain volumes/backup sets to migrate because everything was within one Volume container. Now that everything has been migrated, we wanted to remove select volumes and backups as they are no longer being used. Also I wanted to confirm if these removals will reduce our cost or not...

Any guidance on this please....
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:33 PM

All replies

• Thanks for raising this question!  Yeah, you can remove some volumes/backup sets on 8000 and it will reduce some cost because the capacity will be decreased.

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, July 19, 2019 7:51 AM
  • @Tekbloke Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 3:13 AM
  • The volumes I want to delete were migrated from my 5000/7000 series. All of my volumes were originally in one volume container so I was not able to remove specific volumes from being migrated. I do not want to delete the entire volume container (“abc-StorSimple1[aa-bb-c-1]”). I do not see the volumes that I want to delete in Volumes. Please suggest.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 2:55 PM
  • @Tekbloke We must check the device and see exactly how it appears in the portal, we need to check the logs, We would like to work closer on this issue. I would recommend you to contact support, so If you have a support plan, I request you file a support ticket, else please do let us know, we will try and help you get a one-time free technical support. In this case, could you send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread as well as your subscription ID. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field. 

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:23 PM