none
Sharepoint 2013/InfoPath people picker auto populate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to figure out, how to create field with InfoPath? where people picker is auto populated. When you create a list with field people or groups. It will automatically suggest users in drop down menu if it matches and when ever I change form for the list that "special" field gone. 

Picture what I am trying to achieve:

Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:45 AM

All replies

• hi Honey,

When you say special field Is it a people picker field or field with MMS associated?

regards,

Krishna

Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

When you begin to type a user's name in the people picker field in the InfoPath form, it does not automatically show the suggestions in the drop down with choices.

It is by design.

And if you use the people picker in the default form, it will show the suggestions in the drop down with choices when typing user’s name in the people picker field in the InfoPath form.

And you could consider adding custom code in the InfoPath form to achieve the requirement.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 2, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Yes I am trying to achieve that. Problem with default form it will show me all the fields but some of the fields can't be seen in first form or modified. To achieve that I have to create a custom form but doing that I am losing that drop down list. Can't really find code that is up to date

Best regards,

Lukas

Friday, August 2, 2019 11:05 AM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

I suggest you could use the default form for people picker.

And to hide the fields in the default form, you could configure the fields in the content type.

Go to list settings->Content Types->click one content type->click the column which you want to hide->select “Hidden (Will not appear in forms)”->click OK.

Then the field will not display in the form.

If you cannot see the Content Types in the list settings, you could go to the list->list settings->advanced settings->select “Yes” for “Allow management of content types?”->click OK.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:49 AM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly. 

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Friday, August 9, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi Sara,

The problem is that I need custom form so I have to use InfoPath. 

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

If you want to use InfoPath, then you could consider adding custom code in the InfoPath form to achieve the requirement.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:12 AM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:36 AM
  • Hi Sara,

I was on vacation and wasn't able to respond. Could I add the code? By any chance do you have it? I have no idea how to write correct code for infopath

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:10 AM
  • Hi HoneyBadger9000,

I am afraid there is no code demo for the issue.

To add the code into the InfoPath form, you could open the InfoPath form in browser when creating or editing the item. Then you could edit the page, add a web part and insert the script editor web part.

You could use front-end code to add into InfoPath form.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have a tutorial with the code that I could use or something??

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:42 PM