none
Azure App Service Linux AspNetCore - Mutual Authentication with Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do mutual authentication for my app. However, Linux App Service hosts the site in a container and does not allow https inside the container. This means I can't set up certificate validation as normal. How is this supposed to be done?

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:32 PM

All replies

• Thanks for posting this question! There is a feedback post on the Uservoice [Linux] Allow to access certicate store within linux app services on a similar ask, so as mentioned in the post– “Work has started for the feature request, targeting Q4-2019 for initial release”  You may wish to up-vote the same.

FAQ: Do I need to implement HTTPS in my custom container? No, the platform handles HTTPS termination at the shared front ends.

Additionally, on Azure App Service Linux the Azure portal shows only features that currently work for WebApp for Containers. As more features are enabled, they will become visible on the portal.
    You can restrict access to your Azure App Service app by enabling different types of authentication for it, checkout the methods outlined in this document -
    Authenticate and authorize users end-to-end in Azure App Service on Linux for more details on the topic.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:07 AM