none
Does access time to Azure Storage Blobs depend on count of Blobs in container? RRS feed

• Question

• Does access time to Azure Storage Blob depend on count of Blobs in container? I see paths of media content in URLs like /fe8654/ea2389/1290eb/filename.ext often. It looks like groupping. Does groupping of blobs by containers accelerate access to blobs? I mean, if container has 4 billions of blobs it can take a lot of time to find object with specified name. Am i right? :) Or am i wrong? Is access faster if these 4 billions are organized in container's tree?
    • Edited by acbaile Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:56 AM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:55 AM

All replies

• As per my understanding, there won't be any performance issue if container has lot of blobs in it but it's good to store  blobs in different containers (created based on category or dates). This makes it managing blobs easy.

Below is the discussion on similar topic:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8158452/is-it-better-to-have-many-small-azure-storage-blob-containers-each-with-some-bl/8160317

Cheers
    Vaibhav
    MCSA (SQL Server 2014)

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:13 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, October 7, 2019 5:28 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:44 AM
  • @acbaile Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:14 AM
  • @acbaile Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know. If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:14 AM