Get the Rollback Information of a changeset RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed tfs power tools 2012. I used rollback feature by selecting the changeset: thus I'm expecting to rollback to that version and it's working great. When I look at the history of the file that was rollbacked at the "Change" column it's written "edit, rollback"; which is cool.

However I cannot see "which version it has been rollback to". So before rollback I can select the version but later on when I wanted to see "which version it has been rollback to" I can't. Is there a way to find out that information?

Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi rebulanyum,

Thanks for your post!

I can repro what you did.

After perform the rollback, and check in, there is another changeset with his Change column "edit, rollback", which is the same content with the version it has been rollback to. 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:54 AM
  • Hi Cathy,

Your message's topic is not pointing my issue. Let me explain a little bit more then:

Let's say I have changeset #1001 right now on my TFS. A week later we had been developing and the latest changeset is #1010. Right that time a customer calls and says that application has gotten buggy somehow right after changeset #1001. So, luckyly we had TFS power tools to rollback changeset #1001; and then checked-in the changes with the changeset #1011. Another week later, the latest changeset is #1020: and I probably will forgot which changeset that I rollback with #1011.

If I only had written some comment to changeset #1011 I would know which changeset had been rollback (In the example it is #1001). But I was expecting tfs power tools would give me some information about rollback; since rollback feature is served by TFS power tools this request should be included.

Friday, November 9, 2012 1:44 PM