none
Error in edit form after to clear person column in custom list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,
    I am creating a SharePoint 2013 workflow for a custom list, my problem is:

1. The workflow set a person column in step 1, after this action all is OK; i can view the item and edit using the out of the box forms.

2. In step 2, the workflow clear the person column (update the current item and not assign value to the person column), after this action the edit form page not work and show the "unexpected error page".

Note: I can view the item in view form page but not in edit page, i can view that the person column show the link state image but nothing is assigned to display name (attach image) 

My question is how to clear correctly a person field from SharePoint designer 2013 workflow?

thanks,

The uls log is:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.GetProviderName(String fullName)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.Claims.SPClaimEncodingManager.IsEncodedClaim(String value)    

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.GetProviderName(String fullName)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.Claims.SPClaimEncodingManager.IsEncodedClaim(String value)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.PickerEntity.get_Claim()     -
     -- End of inner exception stack trace ---    
     at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)    
     at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)    
     at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)    
     at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeCustomObject(Object o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeValueInternal(Object o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat, MemberInfo currentMember)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeValue(Object o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat, MemberInfo currentMember)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeEnumerable(IEnumerable enumerable, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeValueInternal(Object o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat, MemberInfo currentMember)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeValue(Object o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat, MemberInfo currentMember)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeDictionary(IDictionary o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.SerializeDictionary(IDictionary o, StringBuilder sb, Int32 depth, Hashtable objectsInUse, SerializationFormat serializationFormat)    
     at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Serialize(Object obj, StringBuilder output, SerializationFormat serializationFormat)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.ClientFormManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)    
     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.PickerEntity.get_Claim()

Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Checo,

Is the column you are referring to required? Try changing that to not required and then see if the workflow is saved and published.

Also if you haven't already then install the SharePoint 2013 SP1/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:30 PM
  • HI Checo,

Did you get the solution for this issue.

I am facing the same issue..

Thanks in advance.

VJ

• Edited by MSCoreDev Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:46 PM
  • This is an old post but I do have an answer to this. The field looks like it does not have any value but if you look at the SP list with MS Access, there is a value of "0" ( At least for me it was a "0"). Remove this value and the List entry should work.

Note: The environment I am in is SP16, and I used MSAccess 16.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:32 PM