none
editing usbvideo.sys with Visual Studio? RRS feed

• Question

• OK, this question may not belong in this forum at all, but here goes. I have a USB camera that I'm told uses usbvideo.sys when attached to a Windows 10 endpoint. I need to rotate the image that camera produces by 180*, but there doesn't appear to be a driver or any other application function in the camera to do this. It'll always the same camera and the same endpoint, which is a single purpose Windows 10 IOT endpoint, so it's a predictable environment.

It looks like there is a set of parameters available in the USB Video Class specification, including image rotation, that might look something like this:

typedef struct _ACPI_PLD_V2_BUFFER {

UINT32 Rotation:4;

//this value 4 specifies 180 degree rotation

//bunch of other UINT parameters that are irrelevant for this question

} ACPI_PLD_V2_BUFFER, *PACPI_PLD_V2_BUFFER;

So the question I suppose is, does anyone out there know how this USB Video Class works? Can I flip my video upside down by this method?

Thanks for any and all ideas, however crazy - Dale (IT manager, obviously not a developer)

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi dalegreen,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, if you want to know how this USB Video Class works, you could have a look at the USB Video Class Implementation.

About flipping your video, please refer to the link and that will be helpful for you.

In addition, your issue is about the USB Video Class Driver and our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio IDE issue. So I suggest you could redirect to Stack Overflow tagged UVC, and start a new thread there to seek for a more professional help.

If you have any more Visual Studio General Questions issues in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:56 AM