none
Using a custom VM image with a solution template RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I wish to use a Solution template to be launched via the Azure marketplace that uses a custom VM image with our software already installed

Do I need to use a separate offer for the VM image and would this separate VM image also be live on the marketplace along with the solution template that uses it?

Thanks

Friday, October 5, 2018 2:55 PM

All replies

• According to the published Marketplace documentation, you do not need a separate offer. 

Ref snippet below.

Monday, October 8, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hello Femisulu,

Would this still be applicable for a custom VM image?

For example if I create a VM image that has my software as part of that image. Can I use that vm image in a solution template and then use that template on the marketplace?

If I did this how would customers be able to access the vm image for their own use. Would this require submitting the VM image itself for the certification process and in doing so would this make the VM image by itself available to customers without the solution template to support it.

Thanks
    James

Monday, October 8, 2018 12:20 PM
  • Hi James, did you have any luck with the approach of utilizing the approach of a separate VM image offer, which is then used by the solution template?

Saturday, March 16, 2019 3:16 PM