none
Limit on the time and number of image downloads for a single IP address RRS feed

• Question

• Hey.

I use Google Cloud Storage to store images of my site. Is there a limit on the time and number of image downloads for a single IP address?

For example, on some resources you can download an image 30 times per hour from one IP address.

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:30 AM

Answers

• @semiromid I would like work closer on this issue and explain how SAS  work and help you in setting those options. Could you please reach to me via AZCommunity[AT]microsoft.com with a link to this Issue as well as your subscription ID and we can help get a support ticket opened for this issue. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by semiromid Monday, September 16, 2019 12:19 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 10:51 AM

All replies

• I use Google Cloud Storage to store images of my site. Is there a limit on the time and number of image downloads for a single IP address? There is No limitation from Azure Storage side,

If you set Share access signature SAS access for your Azure storage account/files/folder/directory then there will be limitation for downloading/uploading.Regarding the Google Cloud Storage access restriction, I am afraid that I don’t have much info you need to check with the Google storage.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:33 AM
  • I use Google Cloud Storage to store images of my site. Is there a limit on the time and number of image downloads for a single IP address? There is No limitation from Azure Storage side,

If you set Share access signature SAS access for your Azure storage account/files/folder/directory then there will be limitation for downloading/uploading.Regarding the Google Cloud Storage access restriction, I am afraid that I don’t have much info you need to check with the Google storage.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

Thank you.

But i not can find where setting SAS - "limitation for downloading/uploading". Help me please.

• Edited by semiromid Monday, September 16, 2019 9:48 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 9:09 AM
  • This is a bit old video but provides complete information, How to use the SAS feature.

See here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jpsanders/2017/10/12/easily-create-a-sas-to-download-a-file-from-azure-storage-using-azure-storage-explorer/

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:53 AM
  • This is a bit old video but provides complete information, How to use the SAS feature.

See here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jpsanders/2017/10/12/easily-create-a-sas-to-download-a-file-from-azure-storage-using-azure-storage-explorer/

But there: Set the Expiry time for the SAS for whatever you determine best suits your needs and set the permissions.  In this case, I am setting it for two years and only giving Read permissions and hit the Create button:

There no setting limit - limitation for downloading/uploading

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jpsanders/2017/10/12/easily-create-a-sas-to-download-a-file-from-azure-storage-using-azure-storage-explorer/

Me need it:

- Access download an file 30 (setting any numbers) times per hour from one IP address.

- If the user tries to download 31 times in one hour - user will block on 1 hours.

Seem you have not it. But why? (

• Edited by semiromid Monday, September 16, 2019 10:32 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 10:28 AM
  • @semiromid I would like work closer on this issue and explain how SAS  work and help you in setting those options. Could you please reach to me via AZCommunity[AT]microsoft.com with a link to this Issue as well as your subscription ID and we can help get a support ticket opened for this issue. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field.

• Marked as answer by semiromid Monday, September 16, 2019 12:19 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 10:51 AM

How can I do this - "AZCommunity [AT] microsoft.com"? Where can i download this app?
    Monday, September 16, 2019 11:15 AM