Unable to create analysis services RRS feed

• Question

• As i am trying to create azure analysis services but it is not taking my inputs and it has some error with administration link.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi SachinKumar21,

Could you please provide more details about your scenario?

To understand more about the issue, I would request you to provide the steps which you are trying, along with the screenshot of the error message?

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 11:01 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the following information to understand/investigate this issue further.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 10:30 AM
  • From your error message, it seem that localhost is not your default name for SQL Server version Code-Name "Denali", you can try below steps:

1.        Select Model.bim under the Solution Explorer on the top right.

2.        Under the properties window below, scroll to the very bottom and the last entry is Workspace Server.

3.        Change localhost to whatever the SQL Denali Analysis Services instance is and click ’Apply Change’ in the pop up to confirm.

4.        If you have forgotten what you called your SSAS instance like I had, open up SQL Server Management Studio

5.        Under Object Explorer click ‘Connect’

6.        Select Analysis Services

7.        In the pop-up window select the ‘Server name’ drop down and select ‘Browse for more’ (assuming your instance doesn’t appear already in the drop down.

8.        Expand Analysis Services and select your server.

9.        Go back to BIDS and enter the name in the Workspace Server property.

If the issue still exist, please feel free to let us know.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 10:36 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thursday, April 2, 2020 11:23 AM
  • Hello,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know

Friday, April 3, 2020 9:42 AM