none
SharePoint content db migration issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am having an issue with updating our SharePoint dev environment with production content. I have done the following steps:

1. Backup Production DB
    2. Move the production db to Dev Environment 
    3. Create a new db via sql management and restore the production db to newly created db
    4. Create a new web application on dev environment with different port
    5. Remove the db associated to newly created web application
    6. using PowerShell command Mount-SpContentdatabase

After 10 seconds of running the script without no error message it completed. 

all the site collections for some reasons pointing to the production.

Please help me as I am spending 2 days on this now.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:35 AM

All replies

• Make sure your web app url is slight different when it compared to prod, if you are using same url's then there might be a chance you will be redirecting to prod url's and also make sure you don't have any redirection's in-place for your sites, check in the IIS do you see any URL Rewrite or some kind of redirection using script ?

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:39 AM
  • Thanks Sharath, my dev url is completely different from prod environment. my question is when i did this before it took 20 minutes but this time it only takes 30 seconds.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2020 11:37 PM
  • Hi, Harris,

Have you checked the site collections in CA>view all site collections? I tested with mount a database to a new web application, it works just like yours and I can find the site collections under the newly created web application. And I can access them with the new URL. Would you like to say a bit more about "pointing to the production"? Do you mean you can access the site collection via the old URL which has the host of Prod instead of UAT?

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 8:06 AM
  • Hi, Harris,

Did you get any update about your issue?

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 3, 2020 8:23 AM