The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Azure SCIM Sync - why does Group Membership sync perform PATCH calls per member instead of one PATCH call for multiple members? RRS feed

• Question

• Azure SCIM 2.0 Sync question.

- why does Group Membership sync perform PATCH calls per member instead of one PATCH call for multiple members?

Description:

- we deployed the Azure SCIM app.
    - we added a Group in AD and then associate, say, 50 members into the group.
    - then we go to the SCIM app, and then trigger a sync.
    - we found that our SCIM 2.0 implementation received 50 individual PATCH calls that adds one member for each call to the same group.

Issue:

- this behaviour is very under-performing as it's hammering services, especially if we were to sync an even larger group

Is there something that can be done to sync optimally from Azure AD (via SCIM)?

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• I am assuming your application is registered as a Non-Gallery app in Azure AD. In this case, we support 1 PATCH per operation for compatibility. 

All the applications cannot support bulk operations. I am checking internally to see if there is a workaround and I will get back to you about this.

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:14 AM
  • Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your answer.

Have you been able to find any way to improve performance?   (not bulk scim operations but making sure one PATCH inserts multiple members into the group or use multiple operations in 1 single PATCH request)

Thanks

Al

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:37 PM